Wednesday, March 3, 2010

quiet people

Okay, there's a third group of people I have difficulty trusting. And I can't believe I forgot about them for a minute. These are quiet people. I wouldn't say I'm prejudiced against them like I am against boring people. Because quiet people can be interesting once they warm up. However, for the most part I don't know what to do with them. And I fear they're secretly plotting to overthrow me. You never know what's going on in their heads. The quiet ones always seem to be the ones who do the craziest things, like blow up buildings, go on shooting rampages, and take hostages. All in order to get attention (I assume). I can understand wanting attention. Who doesn't? But if you never speak it's really hard for anyone to pay attention to you.

My sister was a quiet child and still is. Whereas both my brother and I are big mouths (probably myself more so). Yet she was the only one of us to punch a hole in the stairway wall and kick one in the screen door. This is likely where I first established my theory on quiet people. But I'm not against quiet people overall. Everyone has their quiet moments. It's just those who are always quiet that concern me. And so I tend to avoid them as I'm quite happy not being alive and not held hostage.


With quiet sis (whose quietness no longer concerns me) & some others in the fam

No comments:

Post a Comment