Tuesday, January 19, 2010

blue eyes

Recently I met this guy at a club and we had a scintillating dance party. Mostly because he didn’t try to hump me in the butt when he made his approach. Also, he spent a significant amount of time twirling me around. There was the exchange of some entertaining banter (aka witty flirting) and he was cuter than most so I gave him my phone number when he asked for it. However, when he called me I couldn’t for the life of me remember his name so I put his number in my phone under the nickname “Blue Eyes”. But not to worry, I had a brilliant plan to figure out his name without directly asking. I’d call him during work hours and get his voicemail complete with his name on it. All would have gone according to plan had he not answered my phone call. Still, not a problem. The next time he called I purposely didn’t answer so he’d have to leave it in a voicemail. Indeed he left a voicemail but referred to himself as my dance partner. After about a week of corresponding without the use of his name (and oh, he knew mine) I finally got his voicemail. Finally I was going to find out the mystery name but then dammit, I couldn’t understand what he called himself on his voicemail! It took what felt like 18 years before he eventually left his name on my voicemail. Luckily I didn't have to introduce him to anyone in that time period. I was safe! Until I didn’t reassign the pseudonym his real name and forgot it again. Thinking I was doomed to repeat the previous week and a half and debating whether this is even someone I should hang out with if I can’t remember his name, it came back to me again later in the day. By that point, though, I had become quite attached to the pseudonym so I just added his name to it until I felt safe enough that I wouldn't forget it. Now I just need to figure out his last name…

No comments:

Post a Comment